Job Description: Web Developer
VEGAS.com is the No. 1 destination travel site in the world. Millions of people use VEGAS.com every month to plan and book their hotel rooms, show tickets, air-hotel packages and more. Join our fast-growing team and enjoy a challenging work environment, great benefits and opportunities for career development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with developers, system engineers, and QA engineers throughout the product development, testing, and implementation phases.
- Create HTML templates based on mockups from the user interface design team.
- Create, edit, and manage web templates within our content management system
- Interface with web services using REST APIs
- Follow coding and layout standards co-developed by user interface designers and software engineers.
- Stay current on technical advancements and suggest ways to streamline tasks and processes for efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a web development environment required.
- Experience with Less CSS precompiler highly desirable.
- Experience with Node.js, React and Flux highly desirable.
- Java development experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Apache Wicket framework desirable.
- Experience with Rhythymx Content Management System desirable.
- Experience with Tag Management Systems like Google Tag Manager and Tealium desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of Web Analytics tools like Google Analytics desirable.
- Must excel in a fast-paced, interactive cross-functional team environment. Experience working in an Agile development environment desirable.
- Must have clear oral and written communication skills
If you think you have what it takes to be our next Web Developer, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Web Developer” in the subject line.
VEGAS.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.