We are seeking a Database Administrator that will be a part of a team responsible for the organization’s database systems in the areas of administration, design, database programming, and user support. Under direct supervision, this person will assist in various aspects of database administration and development including design, documentation, coding, and user management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitor health, performance, and integrity of database systems and backups
- Configure user access and permissions to database systems
- Perform installation, patching, and upgrades of database software
- Design and promote database components in conformance with standard release management procedures
- Research latest industry standards and recommend database tools and/or software enhancements
- Periodically update documentation including but not limited to ERDs, organizational coding standards, naming conventions, capacity planning, and changes to system infrastructure and architecture
- Work closely with Reporting team in writing and optimizing T-SQL
- Train users and answer questions regarding schema architecture and design
- Act as SQL liaison to other departments in need of assistance in accessing or understanding data
- Provide on-call support as needed (24x7 or as scheduled)
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- 1 – 2 years of experience with SQL Server
- Understanding of RBDMS principles, logical and physical database design, and data normalization
- Knowledgeable in T-SQL including the development of database objects such as stored procedures, functions, views and triggers
- Familiarity with techniques used to analyze execution plans, optimize queries, and design indexes
- Experience creating and maintaining essential business data flow diagrams and ERDs
- Working knowledge of developing SSIS packages
- Experience with Transactional Replication preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Management with an emphasis in MIS / IT or equivalent work experience.
- SQL Server certification preferred
- VEGAS.com offers competitive salary and a benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, and a great PTO plan.
Our company is looking for the best of the best to help meet our highly aggressive business plans. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. If this position piques your interest, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Database Administrator” in the subject line.
Vegas.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer