Job Description: Job Description Desktop Support Manager
VEGAS.com is the No. 1 destination travel site in the world. Millions of people use VEGAS.com every month to plan and book their hotel rooms, show tickets, air-hotel packages and more. Join our team and enjoy a challenging work environment, great benefits and opportunities for career development.
MANAGER, DESKTOP SUPPORT
The Manager of Desktop Support is responsible for ensuring an effective and efficient level of IT Support is provided within the desktop support environment. This includes resolving IT related issues or problems for employees and retail partners. The manager is also responsible for technical development and guidance for the Desktop Support team and to lead the day to day activities of the team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee desktop support team including evaluation and training
- Monitor and maintain desktop support services throughout the organization, assigning resources as needed to complete special projects.
- Assign and coach desktop support technicians through new and routine tasks.
- Document and maintain Desktop Support operational procedures and processes and ensure they are adhered to.
- Manage ticketing queue and assign resources to resolve tickets as needed to ensure SLA’s are met.
- Manage corporate mobile phone accounts.
- Develop asset management strategy and enforce tracking of all IT hardware and software.
- Manage software support systems such as problem and change management system, remote desktop management system.
- Evaluate existing desktop equipment, research and develop upgrade plans as needed.
- Provide support for a 19-hour contact center with both on-site and remote agents.
- Be part of a rotating on-call schedule to provide 24x7 support for the organization.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- A 2 to 4-year college degree or similar experience.
- Minimum four to six years of experience in a related position.
- Expert knowledge of desktop hardware and operating systems, including Windows 10, 8, 7, and Mac OSX (how to install, configure, and troubleshoot).
- Minimum four years’ experience supporting Windows Active Directory environment.
- Minimum four years’ experience providing remote support for affiliates, partners, and/or customers.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Must have valid Nevada Driver’s License, clean driving history and proof of insurance.
To excel in this environment, you must be able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. The work hours are Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm but may vary as our business operates 24x7.
If you think you have what it takes to be the newest edition to our team, please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Manager, Desktop Support” in the subject line.
VEGAS.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Local candidates preferred.