Aspiring race car drivers, get your engines ready! On this unique, informative tour, you will learn how to drive like a pro. Reach speeds up to 137 miles per hour in a V-8 NASCAR-style stock car that roars with 600 horsepower.
- 30 minutes prior to scheduled driving time: Arrive for check-in.
- 5 minute orientation: Meet the RPDE staff and watch a short video featuring Richard Petty.
- 20 minutes of driving instruction: Learn from your crew chief how to master the track driving line, acceleration/ deceleration points and following distance.
- 25 minutes of mechanical and safety instruction: Learn the details of the race car including entry and exit, shifting pattern, safety devices and more.
- 10 minute mandatory driver’s meeting: Go over final details, ask last minute questions and have your photo taken next to a RPDE car. Then you'll hear those famous words, "Drivers Start Your Engines!"
- 1 hour driving experience: During your eight-lap ride around the track, your instructor will join you in the right seat of the car. This way, you'll have a safer and more enjoyable experience, as well as the opportunity to receive immediate feedback. Driving time may vary.
- 15 minute closing ceremony: Participants will receive a graduation pack, including a detailed sheet of each lap driven and a certificate with name, date and estimated top goal speed reached.