Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Vegas in 2015!
On May 5, 1862, Mexican troops beat the French during the famous Battle of Puebla, defending their independence. Mark the historic day of Mexican unity and patriotism with a festive celebration. Check out the parties, pubs/restaurants and entertainment.
Cinco de Mayo 2015 Parties
Specials at Hussong's Cantina
Cost: $5 and up
Location: Mandalay Bay
Hussong’s Cantina at The Shoppes at Mandalay Place will have $36 Corona Light Beer Towers and $20 buckets of Corona from April 10 – May 5. On Cinco de Mayo the festivities will include Hussong’s rock ‘n’ roll mariachi band and a special appearance by Pee Wee Herman at 7 p.m. to lead the “Tequila Dance.” To build up the courage to join in on the dance $5 Sauza Bandera shots and $5 Puebla style guacamole will also be offered.
Sexy de Mayo Dos
Location: Tacos & Tequila at Luxor
Arianny Celeste will host “Sexy de Mayo Dos” in honor of Cinco de Mayo, featuring food and drink specials and action-packed “Cock-A-Doodle Duel” matches on May 5 from 6 to 9 p.m. Celeste is best known as a UFC Octagon Girl and for her modeling career, as well as appearances on TLC’s “Overhaulin’’ and MTV’s “Guy Code.”
Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
Location: Cabo Wabo Cantina
Sammy Hagar’s cantina will celebrate Cinco de Mayo on the Strip-side patio with drink specials, live music and more. Drink specials will include the Cabo flight, three sample shots of different Cabo Wabo tequilas priced at $21 and a variety of cervezas and signature margaritas priced at $14. Cabo Wabo will also serve their signature dishes including the nacho platter priced at $14.95 and the cilantro jalapeño chicken, grilled chicken breast priced at $17.95.
Cinco de Mayo at The Salted Lime
Location: Aliante Casino + Hotel
Aliante will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with live music and drink specials at The Salted Lime from 5 to 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 5. The party will feature free Tequila Cazadores promotional shots for all guests who dine-in between 5 and 7 p.m. A live mariachi band will continue the party with festive music from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. The Salted Lime will also continue its Taco Tuesday promotion for the night with ground beef crispy tacos available for $1.50 each.
Best Cinco de Mayo Bars in Vegas
Vegas is home to several Mexican restaurants and festive bars where visitors can celebrate Cinco de Mayo. These bars are fun any day of the year, but come Cinco de Mayo they can't be beat for the fun atmosphere, mouthwatering margaritas and Mexican cuisine.
- Cabo Wabo Cantina at Planet Hollywood: Sammy Hagar's bar is definitely about partying, but it's also about having some good food and keeping things just a little more laid back than usual. The menu features tasty Tex-Mex cuisine and lots of tequila including Hagar's own Cabo Wabo brand. There is also a Strip-side patio, which is a great place for watching all of the action.
- Carlos 'n Charlie's at the Flamingo: From the same team that created south-of-the-border sensation Señor Frogs, comes Carlos'n Charlie's, the laid-back restaurant and bar that is one of the most popular destinations in Mexico. Carlos'n Charlie's is known for partying and the place to party is outside on the massive wooden deck overlooking the Flamingo's lush pool and garden area. Guests are free to unwind and encouraged to dance to the tunes of the '70s, '80s and current hits of today. Party-goers can choose from an extensive bar menu featuring Carlos'n Charlie's famous margaritas, sangria and a lengthy selection of signature cocktails.
- Diablo's Cantina at the Monte Carlo: Diablo's is Vegas' take on a Mexican cantina. With drink specials offered up at the whim of a party wheel-of-fortune, lots of entertainment options, a large outdoor patio and better bar food than you'll find just about anywhere, Diablo's is a hot spot in Las Vegas nightlife for good reason.
- Señor Frog's at Treasure Island: Every day is spring break at Señor Frogs. The well-known Mexican party staple has brought its raucous brand of fun and its anything-goes atmosphere to Las Vegas with a location at Treasure Island. Those who have visited a Señor Frog's in Mexico on spring break know that it's all about partying and drinking. The staff makes sure you are having a good time whether it's pulling you out onto the dance floor or encouraging you to participate in a beer-chugging contest. Señor Frogs serves just about every rum and tequila-based drink you can think of including margaritas, daiquiris, mojitos and more, which you can take to go in a souvenir palm tree-shaped cup.
- Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville at the Flamingo: There's no better place to grab a margarita than a place called Margaritaville. Buffett fanatics will get their fix as the singer's signature songs play continually along with accompanying video throughout the restaurant. Patrons can also dance the night away to live entertainment, performing both indoors and outdoors. The three-level facility features a large outdoor balcony overlooking the Strip. There are several bars including the centerpiece Volcano Bar, a three-story volcano that erupts over the bar, spilling margarita mix into two giant 300-gallon blenders every hour.