About Us

Vegas.com Press Releases

Espanol.VEGAS.com Reveals Tourism Preferences of Spanish-Speaking Travelers to Las Vegas

(LAS VEGAS, April 2, 2009) -- Since the 2003 launch of the first fully operational Spanish language and booking site for any travel product and the first for Vegas tourism, http://espanol.vegas.com/ reveals habits and trends of the Spanish-speaking market of visitors to the city.

Espanol.VEGAS.com attracts about 50,000 unique visitors a month who spend an average of 9 minutes and 31 seconds per session on the site. More than 56 percent of visitors to http://espanol.vegas.com/ search hotels and/or shows which amounts for 97 percent of items booked. The remaining 3 percent of purchases made by visitors to the site include restaurant reservations, tours and nightclub passes. While the top hotels viewed are Luxor, Venetian and Bellagio, the hotel most booked by this audience is Excalibur. The most popular show choice is Le Rêve.

"When we launched our Spanish site six years ago, we made a commitment to truly serve Spanish-speaking visitors by translating every single piece of content, every customer e-mail and every form, and by providing Spanish-speaking agents in our contact center," said Howard Lefkowitz, President and CEO of VEGAS.com. "We didn't want to just provide a booking engine to take people's money. We really wanted to serve this important segment of visitor to Las Vegas, and we're proud to continue to do so."

The site consists of thousands of Spanish-language pages of Vegas hotel, entertainment and dining information, reviews, photos, videos and a fully functional shopping cart for hotel rooms, shows, nightclub passes, restaurant reservations, golf tee times and tours of all kinds. Expert translators manage all of the content on the site. Find suggested itineraries for all types of Vegas visitors including the girl's vacation, the guy's night out, the family vacation, the sports weekend and more at http://espanol.vegas.com/traveltips/. Bilingual Vegas tourism experts are available 24/7 at (888) 719-4040.

About VEGAS.com

VEGAS.com is the largest city destination travel website in the world with extensive, constantly updated information and a full range of travel products including hotel rooms, air-hotel packages, show tickets, tours and golf. A state-of-the-art contact center provides customer support, expert information and sales 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to complement the information on http://www.vegas.com and http://espanol.vegas.com/. VEGAS.com, through its Casino Travel & Tours unit, operates retail and concierge desks at more than 70 locations including the Palms, Paris, Harrah's, Bally's, Mandalay Bay, Excalibur, New York-New York, Luxor and more. The company also offers a variety of excursions including city tours, the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. VEGAS.com is a member of the Greenspun Family of Companies, privately owned and operating in Southern Nevada for more than 60 years.

For more info: Pamela Johnston or Erica Johnson,
Pamela@pjinc.net or Erica@pjinc.net
Tel. (212) 629-8445