Our Software Quality Engineer team is seeking a Sr. Software QA Engineer to create and implement full QA lifecycle project test plans. The Sr. Software QA Engineer will be the Lead on fast paced projects from requirement gathering through production release. You will have constant interaction with our Business Development, Marketing and Contract Administration Teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members.
- Defines, develops, and implements quality assurance practices and methodology, test plans, and test cases.
- Hands on testing of server components, system interfaces and client components.
- Perform API level testing, system testing, black box functional testing, UI testing, and white box testing.
- Applies test methodology, engineering and product knowledge in the design of tests and testing strategies for the analysis and qualification of products.
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics.
- Plans and conducts analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality for large and complex multi-tier applications.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Coordinate the activities of QA Teams in the development of test plans, and test cases to meet individual project objectives.
- This is a hands-on testing role that reports to the QA Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years prior experience in Software Quality Assurance, at least 2 years in a Lead role.
- Degree in Computer Science, Technology or related field is required.
- In depth understanding of testing e-commerce web applications.
- Complete understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and QA’s role in it.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL Server.
- Must have strong working knowledge of QA Test methodology.
- Working knowledge of HP Test tools.
- Prior experience with small companies and dynamic fast-paced projects.
- Must be a self-motivated and well organized team player.
Vegas.com offers competitive salary and a benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, and a great PTO plan.
Our company is looking for the best of the best to help meet our highly aggressive business plans. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
If this position piques your interest, please send your resume to the link below with "Senior QA" in the subject line.
Apply for this job
Vegas.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer