Job Description: Software Developer
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Title: Software Developer I
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our development team that focuses on design and development on Java-based web and mobile applications for the travel and entertainment industries. The team is also responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our eCommerce platform that backs these web and mobile applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Define, design, and develop multi-tier object-oriented distributed software applications independently or as part of a team.
- Interact with internal teams like Product Management, QA, Engineering, Database Administration, Content Management etc. regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
- Interact with third-party vendors and partners to define and resolve technology integration issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum Two years prior experience in object-oriented design and JAVA/J2EE application development required.
- Experience in, and understanding of, the entire SDLC preferred
- Must have basic knowledge of UML artifacts like Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Deployment Diagrams etc.
- Experience in some of following tools/technologies required:
- Prior work experience with J2EE application servers preferably JBoss and Tomcat desired.
- Prior work experience with RDBMS like SQL Server or Oracle required.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (Rhythmyx specifically) is highly desirable.
- Experience in eCommerce application development highly desirable.
- Domain experience in on-line travel highly desirable.
Whether it's creating new travel product lines from the ground up, developing innovative travel and concierge software solutions, marketing and promoting the greatest entertainment city in the world or providing our customers with helpful suggestions from our Vegas experts, we think you'll find working for VEGAS.com challenging, rewarding and honestly, like no other place in the world.
VEGAS.com offers competitive salary and a benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, 401K, and a generous PTO plan.
If you think you have what it takes to join our dynamic team, please submit your resume to the link below with Software Developer in the subject line.
VEGAS.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.