Job Description: Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Category: Quality Assurance
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer 1
As a member of our Quality Assurance Team you will plan and conduct activities concerned with the quality assurance of software
and systems. The QA Engineer will identify, analyze, and document problems with software applications following an established
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Evaluates and tests new software applications according to business and functional requirements
- Perform API level testing, system testing, black box functional testing, UI testing, and white box testing.
- Applies test methodology, engineering and product knowledge in the design of tests and testing strategies for the analysis and certification of products.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality for large and complex projects
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experience:
- 2-4 years prior experience in Quality Assurance.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, technology or related field.
- Prior experience with small companies and dynamic projects.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life cycle and QA’s role in it.
- Solid Understanding of relational databases and SQL Server.
- Working Knowledge of HP test tools. (Quality Center/ALM)
- Experience with implementing and auditing test methodology and QA standards.
- Working experience with Soap UI or other XML testing technologies.
- Testing experience in a web-based e-commerce environment.
VEGAS.com offers competitive salary and a benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, basic life, long term disability, 401K, and an aggressive PTO plan.
Our company is growing rapidly and we are looking for the best of the best to help meet our highly aggressive business plans. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
If this position piques your interest, please send your resume to the link below with Quality Assurance Engineer in the subject line.
Location: Henderson, NV
VEGAS.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer