Job Description: Product Manager
Reporting to the head of product, this role is responsible for defining and driving key functionality and product strategy across VEGAS.com’s sites, apps and offline channels (e.g. call center). This is a cross-functional role collaborating with all company teams, including the exec staff, marketing, supplier relations, product development, QA, design and customer support.
General Product Management Responsibilities:
- Routinely conduct internal and competitive analysis to identify opportunities and problems to tackle
- Develop and vet business and functionality concepts with multi-million dollar revenue at stake
- Create solid product requirements for engineering
- Work with UX, dev and other teams to ensure projects meet customer and business goals, balancing priorities, resources and schedules, making project-level tradeoff decisions and facilitate larger decisions as needed
- Influence counterparts in other business teams to drive needed changes to deliver relevant business results
- Manage external partnerships where necessary
Product Management Examples – may include, but not limited to:
- Drive UI projects to increase conversion – web, mobile, tablet
- Optimize sort order logic and implementation
- Define media products for business to maximize net revenue per shopper, and work with supplier relations team to ensure successful launch and sales
- Work with merchandising team to ensure merchandising deals and placements are optimized to drive maximum contribution
- Work with marketing to drive more qualified shoppers into purchase paths (e.g. work with paid search team on optimizing landing pages, with email team on email campaign structure, etc.)
- Determine if/how/when to supplement hotel supply with feeds from external affiliate programs
Key success metrics:
- Net revenue per shopper
- Product conversion
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably in online travel product management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a business field
- Strong problem solving, analytical (modeling, statistical analysis) and decision making skills.
- Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective actions plans to resolve issues
- Strong organizational and cross-functional leadership skills, as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for great user experience design
- Self-motivated, execution-oriented, and willing to roll up one’s sleeves to tackle opportunities head-on
- Passion for the Vegas travel industry
- Agile development experience a plus
The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment where creativity and new ideas are encouraged. If you think you have what it takes to be on our growing team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Product Manager” in the subject line.
If you think you have what it takes to be a VEGAS.com Product Manager, send your resume using the link below with "Product Manager" in the subject line.
This position can be based in Las Vegas, NV or Seattle, WA. Candidate must be open to traveling into Las Vegas, NV on a weekly basis.
VEGAS.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.