Job Description: Desktop Support Technician
VEGAS.com is the No. 1 destination travel site in the world. Millions of people use VEGAS.com every month to plan and book their hotel rooms, show tickets, air-hotel packages and more. Join our fast-growing team and enjoy a challenging work environment, great benefits and opportunities for career development.
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Traveling 25-50 percent of the time between locations within Las Vegas the Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing routine IT support for end-users and the daily IT functions. The successful individual will be self starter, capable of multi tasking and will be able to work under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain PCs (including hardware and software), printers, faxes, projectors and scanners
- Monitor, measure and maintain applications, systems and networks.
- Maintain inventory and configuration documents.
- Process new employee setups using Microsoft Active Directory.
- Participate in special projects, such as office computer equipment moves, repair/maintenance or printers and PCs, installation and configuration of desktops and laptops.
- Troubleshooting network connectivity.
- Document new process and procedures for system changes.
- Keep up to date with changes in hardware and software technology.
- Participate in seminars, meetings and training provided by the company.
- Provide strong, proactive customer service.
- Document best practices and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum one to two years experience in a related position.
- Basic knowledge of PC hardware, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP (how to install, troubleshoot).
- One to three years experience supporting Windows Active Directory environment.
- One to three years experience providing remote support.
- Knowledge of Macintosh computers.
- Basic printer troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe software and Web Browsers.
- Strong Knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- College courses towards MIS degree highly preferred.
- Must have valid Nevada Driver’s License, clean driving history and proof of insurance.
In order to excel in this environment, you must be able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. The work hours are Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm but may vary as our business operates 24x7. Our requirements are high, but in return we offer a competitive compensation package including medical benefits and generous paid time off.
VEGAS.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Local candidates preferred. No phone calls please!