Vegas.com is the No. 1 destination travel site in the world. Millions of people use Vegas.com every month to plan and book their hotel rooms, show tickets, air-hotel packages and more.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist Production Support in troubleshooting/configuring data related items.
- Configures user access level.
- Manages and manipulates database architecture during Software Development Lifecycle.
- Monitors and maintains performance standards.
- Assist developers with database programming.
- Trains users and answers user questions about data.
- Confers with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to database.
- Consult with other departments on data access and creation of data views for end user consumption.
- Work with development team to design and implement database components of projects through the SDLC in conformance with overall corporate data architecture and predefined standards.
- Act as SQL liaison and guide for other enterprise groups in need of assistance.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to assist with validation of database content in support of testing activities.
- Investigate and suggest new industry development tools and/or database development software enhancements.
- Assist with PCI regulation research and implementation controls concerning database security.
- On call shift rotation support for database team daily tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Management with an emphasis in MIS / IT or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle certification preferred.
Vegas.com offers competitive salary and a benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, and a great PTO plan.
Our company is looking for the best of the best to help meet our highly aggressive business plans. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. If this position piques your interest, please send your resume to email@example.com with “Database Administrator” in the subject line.
Vegas.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer