Vegas.com is the No. 1 destination travel site in the world. Millions of people use Vegas.com every month to plan and book their hotel rooms, show tickets, air-hotel packages and more.
The successful candidate is someone who's going to relish rolling up his/her sleeves to tackle problems that probably haven't been tackled before to unearth new insights and economic opportunity. You relentlessly focus on driving action-oriented insights.
- The BI Analyst will be responsible for extracting and analyzing the data, presenting the findings to internal clients and assist managers and teams throughout the company to understand the power and value of an analytical approach to decision-making, and provide them with the insights that contribute to the strategic goals of the organization.
- Candidate with a strong analytical and business background that likes to find creative ways to attack business challenges, and ultimately drive website conversion and customer experience. This role will be an integral part of the business intelligence team and data initiatives throughout the entire company. You will collaborate closely with business teams (ie. product management, development, marketing and business development) and technical data teams to help improve key areas across the company including site, tablet, mobile, contact center, merchandising, revenue and strategy. Responsible for deriving actionable insights from our data. You will tackle some of Vegas.com’s highest priority problems and have a critical impact on our business.
- Analyze large, complex datasets to identify useful and provide decision-making information to stakeholders
- Help define, develop, and communicate key business metrics.
- Create insightful automated dashboards and data visualizations to track key metrics and trends.
- Develop and test analytic output to be used by internal and external customers.
- Monitor the business impacts of initiatives
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of products, Vegas market and competitors
- Prepare & evolve business models, improvement of demand-supply alignment, etc
- Measure the impact of both ongoing operations and strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, analyzing the data, and presenting findings both in verbal and written formats
- Communicate informed conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership and operational managers
- Design models to solve business problems and, where appropriate, manage integration of the insights into regular operational reporting
- Support departmental need for ad-hoc reporting and presentations, including business reviews and management presentations.
- Partner with Website Product team members to design, prototype and implement specific algorithms that will result in making us more money by driving key website metrics such as conversion or margin
- Proactively examine click stream data and patterns to identify additional opportunities to improve our website customer experiences
- Assemble and assist in presenting findings in well-designed, clear and actionable emails, meetings and presentations
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Take initiative to identify current and potential problems with current reporting processes and recommend improvement opportunities
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to assess existing and upcoming business needs
- Share expertise and best practices with analytical functions across business to develop sound strategies to deliver on future projects.
- Excellent data, analytic & problem solving skills – ability to translate data into actionable insights which can be easily understood and utilized by the entire organization and external partners.
- BS required – preferably technology and analytical focus
- Strong organizational skills – track issues and work with other parties to resolve issues
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Overall, a highly driven, results-orientated, creative, intellectually curious, nimble problem solver, who uses technical data and whatever it takes to deliver business value rapidly.
- Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects. Identify and validate the key business requirements.
- Assist BI team with cross-functional business process re-engineering and continuous improvement efforts.
- Help evaluate potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
- Advanced level competencies across problem solving skills, result-oriented, appetite for business impact / execution, drive and influence
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and demands in a fast moving organization – change orientated environment
- Self-motivation and ability to execute projects till success
- Proficiency in the following toolsets:
- Excel (required)
- Google analytics or other analytics tracking software (required)
- Tableau or other analytics output tool (required)
- Crystal Reports or other reporting output tool (required)
- SQL (limited experience is suitable)
The preferred candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, establish priorities and own deliverables end to end. This individual must be able manage delivery of high quality outputs in a dynamic work environment with ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
Develop a deep understanding of the OTA/hospitality industry, the market, supply economics, and VEGAS.com's value proposition for travelers and suppliers.
Analyze VEGAS.com's paid search spend and attributable revenue to determine best use of resources.
Analyze VEGAS.com's demand patterns to identify pricing arbitrage opportunities vs. competition to maximize profits in all sales channels
Understand competitors' core products, customer segments, competitive advantages and disadvantages, and pricing level in order to set appropriate pricing strategy for VEGAS.com's products
Act as liaison between the business and technical teams to outline the accurate output of all data requests
Analytical Thinking: Can use data to influence decisions and is able to break down a problem and articulate a resolution.
Results Orientation & Accountability: Sense of urgency and drive. Drives projects and efforts to the next step. Understands expectations of the role and possible business implications when not met. Produce measurable results – quantity and quality – within deadlines. Delivers results.
Innovation: Innovates to improve current working practices and processes.
Problem Solving: Takes the initiative to identify current and potential problems and determines the best solution to these.
Personal Effectiveness: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed.
Vegas.com offers competitive salary and a benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, and a great PTO plan.
Our company is looking for the best of the best to help meet our highly aggressive business plans. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. If this position piques your interest, please send your resume to email@example.com with “BI Analyst” in the subject line. Please include your desired salary in your cover letter or resume.
Vegas.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer